Gary Alumni Chapter prides ourselves on supporting the youth of Northwest Indiana to achieve their goals and endeavors. Over the years, Gary Alumni has awarded more than $200,000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors and college students. Annual applications are distributed to local high schools and distributed prior to the next calendar school year.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
The Annual Academic scholarship is rewarded in the sum of up to $1,000.00.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE KAPPA ALPHA PSI ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP, YOU MUST BE A GRADUATING MALE HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR AND MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Attend high school in the Northwest Indiana region (i.e. 219 Area Code)
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.5/4.0 scale.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET CONSISTS OF:
- Completed 2-part Application (Personal Data and Personal Statement) Personal Statement (250 words minimum)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation: Academic: (Teacher, Counselor or Administrator) Personal: (Mentor, Minister, Professional, Member of Kappa Alpha Psi, etc., no relatives)
- Official High School Transcript in a separate sealed envelope copy of your official ACT or SAT scores (acceptable on high school transcript)
- Copy of your acceptance to an accredited college or university
- Recent Photo (Head shot)
MAIL OR E-MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
Gary Alumni Chapter – Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
P.O. Box 64463 Gary, IN 46401
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (DOWNLOAD):
Download – Scholarship Application (Download)