Gary Alumni Chapter takes pride in supporting the youth of Northwest Indiana to achieve their goals and endeavors. Over the years, Gary Alumni has awarded more than $200,000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors. Applications are distributed annually to local high schools and scholarship recipients are awarded up to $1,000 before the next school year begins.
The 2023 Kappa Alpha Psi Academic Scholarship application is now AVAILABLE!!! The due date is May 8, 2023. See below for complete instructions.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE KAPPA ALPHA PSI ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP, YOU MUST BE A GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR MALE AND MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Attend high school in the Northwest Indiana region (i.e. 219 Area Code)
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.5/4.0 scale.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET CONSISTS OF:
- Completed 2-part Application (Personal Data and Personal Statement) Personal Statement (250 words minimum)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation: Academic: (Teacher, Counselor or Administrator) Personal: (Mentor, Minister, Professional, Member of Kappa Alpha Psi, etc., no relatives)
- Official High School Transcript in a separate sealed envelope copy of your official ACT or SAT scores (acceptable on high school transcript)
- Copy of your acceptance to an accredited college or university
- Recent Photo (Head shot)
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (DOWNLOAD):
Kappa Scholarship – Criteria 2023
Kappa Scholarship – Personal Profile Form 2023
Kappa Scholarship – Personal Statement 2023
MAIL OR E-MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
Gary Alumni Chapter – Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
P.O. Box 64463
Gary, IN 46401
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact email@example.com.
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2022 Kappa Scholarship Award recipients!!!